Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Update about my beer

Writing this post I can't help but feel like some grandparent bragging about their grandchildren. My case doesn't sound as good, though.

"Hey you, stranger, have you seen a picture of my beer?"

Not only that, but if I were the type described above it would be more like the grandparent who is proud of the hideously ugly and stupid grandchild. From that you might be able to tell my initial impressions about my beer I made.

I will give my beer some credit:
(1) I sampled it after it bottle fermented for the minimum period of time (two weeks) and, thus, it did not have time to properly mature. The lesson learned from this one? Never drink immature beer.

(2) My beer has a delightful smell to it that is slightly hoppy, slightly sweet and destincitvely of good beer. Just remember looks, and smells, can be deceiving.

(3) My beer has a nice colour and produces a thick head. Just remember what I ended #2 with.

. . .

So, my complaint? The taste is . . . well . . . a bit strong. The initial taste is aggressive and the after-taste is rather bitter and VERY aggressive. I guess the advantage to this is that I know the beer will be strong. I'm just hoping that, with time, the taste becomes more palatable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home